The Resident Care Associate (RCA) possesses a sincere passion for working with seniors, as well as have demonstrated knowledge of care giving in a senior living community. This position assumes responsibility for resident care and services including personal needs, grooming and hygiene, housekeeping, laundering, social interactions, and meals. A primary responsibility of this position is to routinely monitor the resident’s comfort and respond to periodic needs.
Areas of Primary Responsibility:
• Provide direct nursing care to residents and contribute to continuity of care andeffective communication by reporting care provided and changes in the resident'scondition to the Resident Care Director immediately. May participate in routineactivities of resident’s care activities, including daily living and basic nursing procedures.
• Assisting residents with lifts, moves and transports, using proper body mechanics orlifting devices for accident prevention.
• Responds to inquiries relating to requests from residents, visitors and other personnelpromptly and courteously within given time frames and established policy.
• Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provides support tothe residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process byproviding the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information andobservations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
• Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the residents, visitors,families, peers and supervisors promoting a homelike environment.
• Fully understands all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free ofrestraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse oradministrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’rights.
• Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infectioncontrol procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves whereindicated and proper disposal of soiled materials. Also providing care that maintainseach resident’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage bychanging incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents and byapplying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
• Other duties as assigned
• A big heart and a need to serve – no prior experience is necessary.
• The ability to meet the physical and emotional needs of the resident.
• Must be Direct-Care certified minimum
The RCA must be able to lift, stoop, carry, turn, and assist high-risk residents, push medication carts and be willing and able to work a flexible work schedule. The RCA must be able to sit, stand, bend and move continuously during work hours. Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds.