The Resident Care Associate (RCA) with experience in resident programming & activities - possesses a sincere passion for working with seniors, as well as have demonstrated knowledge of care giving in a senior living community. This position assumes responsibility for resident care and services including personal needs, grooming and hygiene, housekeeping, laundering, social interactions, and meals. A primary responsibility of this position is to routinely monitor the resident’s comfort and respond to periodic needs.
- Assist as needed in the training and teaching of staff for the Sweet Memories Neighborhood and Assisted Living activity programs.
- Provides guidance and acts as a resource to staff on the importance of activity programs and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents.
- Participate in resident move-in processes in the Sweet Memories neighborhood and Assisted Living.
- Assists in touring and customer contact to maintain desired occupancy.
- Participates in coordinating special events at the community to include family nights and open houses
- Recruits and Manages volunteer program, including training and supervising volunteers.
- Weekend coverage as assigned
- Be able to do any job in the facility upon request by the Executive Director
Must have valid driver’ license, clean driving record and be able to drive / operate community vehicle.
Other duties as assigned
Physical/Sensory Requirements Must be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job. This position requires a variety of physical demands, including the potential for lifting greater than 50 lbs. Long stretches on one’s feet, walking around is to be expected.
- Two years’ college in a heath care field or an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body.
- One to Two years’ fulltime work experience, within the last five years, in an activities program in an adult care setting, or similarly related experience with specialized memory care programs.
- CPR and First Aid certification are required.
- Universal Assessment Instrument & Individual Service Plan certificates or willingness to obtain
- Must have a thorough knowledge of, social and psychological needs of residents.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be willing to perform non-professional duties.
- Communicates to families regarding resident’s involvement in activity program.